Diseases related to the heart and the circulatory system are congenital heart defects, muscle weakness or heart muscle failure, arterial heart disease, especially coronary heart disease, heart valve disease, and heart rhythm disorder.
The Heart diseases can be prevented by following practices such as
- Refrain from smoking
- Control blood pressure
- Monitor cholesterol levels in the blood,
- Maintaining blood sugar levels within acceptable limits.
- Doing exercise and ensuring physical exertion.
- Eat healthy foods like vegetables, fruits, and whole grains.
- Maintain a healthy weight,
- Control stress and good handling of depression.
When we have to visit the Doctor:
When feeling irregular heartbeats, chest pain, permanent chest tightness, persistent and unjustified coughing, feeling tired when exercising, dizziness or frequent fainting, loss of appetite with a feeling of general weakness, cyanosis of some parts of the body, sweating without reason, shortness of breath
The Heart Clinic is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular diseases, angina, myocardial infarction, as well as blood pressure control, follow-up of critical heart conditions, early diagnosis of genetics that may cause heart disease.
- Programmed stratified angiography of coronary artery
- Cardiac catheterization – coronary angiography
- Blood tests to know the levels of troponin, cholesterol, triglycerides, and others.
- Monitor blood pressure
- Chest x-ray
- ECHO-Echocardiography using ultrasound
- Magnetic resonance imaging to give a detailed picture of the heartStress test and diagonal table test