I’am Dr. Mohamed Yahya Farraj holds a PhD in General Surgery, Assiut University, with membership in the Egyptian Society of Surgeons, the Egyptian Society of Laparoscopic Surgery, the Society of Egyptian Obesity Surgery, the Society of Obesity Surgery and Egyptian Metabolic Diseases, the Profession Practice License, General Surgery Consultant in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and the Profession Practice License in the Arab Republic of Egypt .
Specialization: General Surgery
Areas of expertise:
- laparoscopic surgery
- bariatric surgery
- GIT surgery
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery (HBP)
Languages : Arabic and English
Education and Experience
Medical School: Assiut University, Assiut, Egypt
Degrees: MD degree general surgery, Master degree general surgery
Specialty – Area of Experience: laparoscopic surgery, bariatric surgery, GIT surgery, Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery (HBP)
- Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan (Training on laparoscopic GIT surgery and HBP surgery- 2008-2010).
- Kyushu University Hospital, Fukuoka, Japan (Training on bariatric surgery, laparoscopic GIT surgery and HBP surgery- 2015-2018).
- Yotsuya Medical Cube, Tokyo, Japan (Training on bariatric surgery- 2016).
- Min-sheng General Hospital, Taoyuan, Taiwan (Training on bariatric surgery- 2016).
- Consultant of general and laparoscopic surgery, Assiut University Hospital (2013- 2019).
- Specialist of general surgery, Assiut University Hospital (2005- 2013).
- Egyptian society of surgeons
- Egyptian society of laparoscopic surgery
- Egyptian society of bariatric surgery
- Egyptian society of metabolic and bariatric surgery
Certification and Licenses
Medical work Licenses:
- Consultant general surgery license- Saudi Arabia (no. 3800083397).
- Medical practitioner license- Egypt
The Available Diagnostic and Treatment services
Bariatric Surgery: Sleeve gastrectomy, Mini-gastric bypass, Raux-en-y gastric bypass).
Laparoscopic Surgery: diagnostic laparoscopy, appendectomy, cholecystectomy, inguinal hernia, ventral hernias, varicocele, fundoplication for GERD and hiatus hernia, splenectomy, distal pancreatectomy, repair of perforated peptic ulcer, adhesiolysis.
Open Surgery: Colectomy for cancer colon and rectum, gastrectomy for cancer stomach, distal pancreatectomy for benign and malignant pancreatic neoplasms, pancreaticoduodenectomy, hepaticojejunostomy, hernioplasty, mastectomy for cancer breast, thyroidectomy and all minor procedures.
Sunday – Thursday 8:00 – 5:00
Saturday 10:00 – 3:00